Friday, November 7, 2008

Holistic Fitness Program


True wellness springs from a deep connection with the physical, mental, and spiritual. You can't have one without the other. As my own training has progressed, I've learned to tap into this connection in a way I'd never even thought about when I was younger. I started taking better care of my home environment and organized my work load more efficiently so I'd have time to train. I worked on reducing stress and eliminating activities and people who drained my energy.

I took time out to go within (I'm a yoga reject, but I'm learning to love it!) to create more focus and calm the ADD hummingbird that always threatens to derail me. And it worked! When I ran 8 miles in slightly over an hour, I experienced a confidence and power that made me feel on top of my game. At 50 I feel better than EVER!

The way I did it was one simple change at a time. For once I didn't try to eat the entire elephant in one sitting as I've been known to do. I started slowly and let the momentum build. The results have been nothing short of amazing.

There is no better time for you to think about you and to focus on your health. Don't hunker down and cease moving. Begin with one small change and watch the quantum effect it will have on your life.

No comments: